Saturday, November 21, 2009

A final "adieu"

So, what's been happening these last few weeks?

Spent a lovely day with mum as she stopped over in KL on her way to Europe. We went to the KL Lake Gardens and saw all the beautiful flowers AND the butterfly garden. Showed her my "crib" and went to a yoga class before filling up with food and sending her on her way!




Otherwise, it's mainly been studying for exams. They were alright but what's most important is that now it's OVER!!! Have to say, studying was actually really fun. Stayed away from Ally as much as possible to avoid our gossip sessions, discovered how weird Tom really is (he's really weird), practically moved in with Sian and studied for hours on end in her company. A very healthy and fun study period. Sian even came over this morning to support me in my final efforts before today's exam! Pre-exams is not usually such a good time, so was great!

Off to Vietnam tomorrow for the week. Will be back next Saturday, hit Reggae bar one last time, pack in the morning then off to Melbourne. Only momentarily though. Am hiking for a week in Tassie with Paddy, Alice, James, Ryan & someobody else i don't know. My current fitness is questionable. I'm not sure my "Sun Salutations" will have me well prepared but am looking forward to it all the same.

OK. Well, at the risk of sounding lame & teary I'd like to make a few special mentions (it is my last post after all...and this time it really will be my last post, I promise!).

I would like to thank my parentals for supporting me throughout these adventures that started out as "my year overseas" and turned into "a year and a half a little bit all over the place"! I also want to thank family and friends back home for reading my blog and keeping in touch and all the people I've met and new friends I've made througout my travels - without whom there would have been no stories to tell :)

Things I will miss:
- Malaysian food
- Elias
- Arthur
- crazy fun times with Ally
- tea, food and study with Sian
- cheap and brilliant Yoga
- the weather (storms especially)
- Reggae bar
- the cheapness (eg. 1AUD packets of OREOS)
- Sunway Campus and class mates
- microbes with Tom
- dancing with Lee
- answering to "Alex" when I'm not being spoken too (when ppl talk to my name twin, unfortunately Zan never took off)
- Malaysian english la!
- Sunday & Tuesday market
- not wearing closed shoes
- Craigie-Berns (those cheeky South Africans)

Things I will miss less:
- Air-con
- traffic
- sweating and smelling most of the time
- 3am wake up calls from James (although, to be fair he hasn't done this recently :P and he even cooked us up a mean pasta dish last week)
- being inappropriately stared at
- nasty taxi drivers

Things I am looking forward to:
- being an Auntie!!!
- fun times with friends and family
- Summer
- recycling
- Sorrento back beach rock pool
- HOME!!!

Adios amigos xoxo

Olenka

1 comment:

AP said...

I always imagined lah, was spelled with an 'h'... hmmm don't know why though.